Today, April 25, 2019, the new Ethiopian Minister of Foreign Affairs, HE Gedu Adergachew, in the presence of the Deputy Minister, HE Mrs. Hirut Zemene and senior official of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, received a courtesy call, the Ambassador of the Republic of Djibouti, HE Mohamed Idriss Fatah. The ambassador of the Republic of Djibouti is the first ambassador to have been received in audience since his appointment as head of Ethiopian diplomacy.
Taking advantage of this opportunity, the Ambassador of Djibouti conveyed to the new head of Ethiopian diplomacy the warm congratulations of his counterpart, the Djibouti Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation, HE Mr. Mahamoud Ali Youssouf. (Source Djibouti Embassy Communication)
During this interview, the discussions focused on the bilateral and privileged relations between the two countries and how to strengthen and further diversify them.
The following topics were particularly discussed during a dialogue that took place in this friendly and fraternal atmosphere:
- economic integration between the two countries
- the role of Djibouti at the Stein of AMISOM
- the fight against illegal immigration
- the fight against extremist violence
- Igad and preparations for the next Presidency and for the Executive Secretariat of which Djibouti is a candidate.
- the strengthening of the collaboration between the two Ministry of Transport for the finalization of the road section Galafi-Djibouti.
Topics covered included the next meeting of the Mixed Ministerial Commission to be held next July in Addis Ababa and the official visit to Ethiopia of the President of the Republic of Djibouti.
During this courtesy visit, the ambassador of the Republic of Djibouti, HE Mohamed Idriss Fatah, was accompanied by his concellors:
- Mr Moussa Djama Ali
- Ms. Fathia Aboubaker Daoud